Sunday, November 23, 2008

The one in which Paul passes his LEED exam and prepares to visit Massachusetts

So the big news, and one of very few highlights of my time since moving to Raleigh, is that I passed my LEED exam last Tuesday. For those who may not be "in the know" on architecture-related credentials, this is one that says I know how to guide a project through the LEED Green Building rating system, which is basically the foremost standard for rating the sustainability of building projects. Having this credential may not be particularly relevant in my day-to-day work, but certainly it is a credential that employers (including my own) believe is valuable, enough that some require it to be considered for employment. So, with that exam out of the way, I can begin to focus on the ARE exams (for licensure). But first, perhaps a few weeks of breaking from studying...

I have my first substantial time off from work this coming week--all week, in fact. I've always liked to take Thanksgiving week off from work because I can be thrifty with vacation days. That's especially important when you start a job in July and are given barely a week of vacation days for the rest of the year. I'm still feeling very unmotivated and dissatisfied at work, too, so hopefully a week of seeing friends and family from back home and eating and drinking copiously will put me in the right frame of mind for enjoying life a little more. Or perhaps it will so drastically contrast with my life in Raleigh that I won't want to go back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty fucking cold up here, dude. You're going to want to go back, I bet. Congrats on the LEED exam!